Thursday, August 14, 2008

*sigh*

For reasons I cannot begin to fathom, after I rebooted my computer my email reader, Thunderbird, decided to eat all my emails, including saved ones. Everything else is fine, including my address book and settings.

What this means is that if you have sent me an email in the last week or so, there's a very good chance I don't have it anymore. In the interests of safety, I'd appreciate it if you could resend any recent mails to me, particularly if it's something relating to the Grognard's Challenge contests.

Between this and my inability to get Google Analytics to work again, I am convinced that technology hates me.

Grr.

2 comments:

  1. Did you check to make sure that your emails are not 'eaten' but instead, your profile's .js file is corrupted?

    My SO has this same problem, from time to time, and this is apparently a well known issue.

    The solution? Find your profile's directory, create a new (or replace) a backed up .js file (and the name of the .js file escapes me, sorry) and you'll have your email back.

    I've not heard of TB completely deleting all of the folders.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a technological illiterate, I had no tried this. I'll look into it.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete