Tuesday, March 3, 2009

GM's Day Sale

Over at both RPGNow and DriveThruRPG, March 2nd through the 8th has been designated "Game Master's Day." No, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. In any case, both sites are offering sales on their PDF products, including a handful from publishers of interest to this blog, such as:
I might head over there and grab a copy of Bushido or Aftermath. Despite it all, I have a strange soft spot for FGU's game, some of which remain absolute classics even now. Check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Enworld declared 4th March to be Games Master's Day some years ago, and since it's now also the anniversary of Gary's death, it seems even more fitting.

    (Originally, they chose it because it filled the boring empty space between St. Valentine's and Easter in the calendar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the week long thing is a concession to the fact that RPGnow and Drivethru RPG (which are the same company I believe) require a lot of word of mouth to get things moving.

    I've been munching all day, Tunnels and Trolls 7.5 is available at a ridiculous discount. I've got points of light sitting in my cart right now, and I'm thinking of strolling thru FGU and getting Villians and Vigilantes just to be able to use the long forgotten DNAgents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, most of these pdf prices are still higher than hard copies from discount retailers or ebay. One exception is Tomb of Abysthor from Necromancer, which I found is impossible to get a hardcopy at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're forgetting the "Avoiding the wife's disdain for yet another gaming product you'll never use cluttering up our shelves" opportunity cost! PDF's take up no space! WEEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is true, Blotz. Except that I still print out all my pdfs if I want to read them. pdf format is terrible for reading on a PC.

    ReplyDelete