Tuesday, January 26, 2010

OD&D Cancer Fund

Randall over at RetroRoleplaying has set up a donation fund to help defer the costs of his wife's cancer treatments. Anyone who donates even $1 will get access to a number of old school-related goodies, such as the 1970s fanzine The Grimoire. However, whoever donates the most between now and February 5 will receive what Randall's calling the "OD&D Woodgrain/Brown Box special:" the three LBB (Men & Magic, Monsters & Treasure, and The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures -- Third printing purchased with their Brown Box box, Supplement I: Greyhawk (2rd printing), Supplement III: Blackmoor (1st printing) and Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardy (7th printing), and Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-Gods, and Heroes (5th printing). Also included are the table sheets from the brown box set, a copy of Arduin Grimoire Volume I, an almost pristine copy of Booty and the Beasts with its Erol Otus artwork, a copy of Chainmail, and a few cut Dungeon geomorphs. I've reproduced a photograph of these items from Randall's blog below.

Even if you can't donate enough money to have a serious shot at these awesome OD&D relics, it's a very worthy cause nonetheless. Randall's a great, often insightful, old school blogger. If it's at all possible to help him out, please do so.

Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. I gave him a donation when he first brought it up. I gave him pitifully little, but you do what you can. If RPGNOw's Haiti fund can raise as much as it has in a week, we ought to be able to get more for Randall than we have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is "Booty and the Beasts"? I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is "Booty and the Beasts"? I've never heard of it.

    It's an early D&D supplement, self-published by Paul Reiche III and Erol Otus, that contains, as its name implies, new monsters and treasures for use with the game. It's been discussed in this blog several times. I've seen copies of it and it's got a very odd, almost Arduin-like vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave the first time I came across this, and i gave a few weeks back when I came across it again.

    I can imagine what the cost would be w/o health insurance (i've seen mine from my close call a few years back - thanks god for health insurance)

    ReplyDelete