Tuesday, December 6, 2011

OSRCon 2012 News

Last August, Toronto hosted a small local gaming convention devoted to old school RPGs called OSRCon. It was a very big success, attracting not just Torontonians but gamers from as far away as Massachusetts and Virginia. I'm happy to report that OSRCon will return on August 10-11, 2012.

This past year, Ed Greenwood was one of the convention's guests. Next year, organizer Chris Cunnington informs me, we'll be graced by the presence of Ken St. Andre, creator of Tunnels & Trolls and one of the nicest guys in the hobby. I had a blast this year and look forward to the chance to do it again in 2012.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. If there are cheap flight I might even make the trip myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalkanarion the Dwarf will bring his axe "Brool" to the halls of Dwimmermount once again...maybe even crossing the red portal this time!
    Ed was an excellent and entertaining guest and DM this year. I'd love to meet and game with Ken as well. I'm fascinated with the T&T system but haven't tried it out yet. I'll bet he's got some great stories from the birth of the hobby and it's development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barring some unforeseen calamity, I'm definitely going this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully my life will conspire not to explode this year, and I"ll be able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already put aside the dates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to attend this! A few years ago I went to GenCon in Columbus, Ohio and... the aesthetic of the newer RPGs is just alienating to me. I feel like everything looks like a comic book, plays like Magic: the Gathering. I know that's a gross generalization from a guy who hasn't played these new systems extensively. And yet, I make no apologies.

    ReplyDelete